Most people realize that I LOVE chiropractic. I mean it’s what I do…
And if you ask me, we do it really, really well– especially in the field of prenatal and pediatric chiropractic.
What most people don’t know is that there are board certifications for both prenatal and pediatric chiropractic. Both of which we have completed. In fact, we are in the process of finalizing our packet for Diplomate (the highest distinction in this field). To my knowledge, there are less than 5 of us in San Diego county.
Why is this so important?
Prenatal and pediatric chiropractic is very en vogue. Because of how effective chiropractic care can be–for both demographics of patients– at getting to the root cause of sometimes chronic health challenges, so much more becomes possible.
Something as small as educating a mom on:
- the essential nature of a prenatal chiropractic consult and exam: can improve digestion (help her heal naturally from morning sickness), increase comfort throughout pregnancy and birth, optimize the ability to adapt to stress, and improve birth outcomes.
- the necessity of doulas and birth education classes: going into pregnancy just listening to ‘your doctor’ can open mommas-to-be up for some unnecessary interventions that do not align with the values of both parents.
- the birth plan: getting clear on both parents’ values can set the conditions for a birth that fits, momma, dad and baby… educating mommas on things like delayed cord clamping, skin to skin contact, etc. Any and all interventions can change the course of a baby’s life and health forever.
- the midwifery model of care: probably the single most important decision a couple can make is who she will have her baby with. Midwifery care is not only safer according to the peer-reviewed research, but most midwives carefully ensure that moms, dads and babies are a good fit for their style of practice.
- the first adjustment for baby: promotes normal neurological function in baby and can prevent breastfeeding challenges and optimize sleep, mood, digestion and immunity.
- lifetime wellness chiropractic care: can set up the family for an optimally function nervous system for the whole family and this helps families self-heal their health challenges and prevent others from manifesting in the future – for life.
But while any chiropractor CAN see moms and babies, a higher level education is really important.
The rigors of completing our post-graduate programs that go far beyond a Webster Certification should not only be highly encouraged, but potentially required in order to see mommas and babies and kids on a large scale.
That will not be a popular stance because EVERYONE is saying they are prenatal/pediatric chiropractic EXPERTS these days.
But this is important–not because I am afraid that some might get hurt–chiropractic care is extraordinarily safe for ADULTS and it’s incredibly SAFER for pregnancy, babies and kids. I say this because over the past 9 years of practice, I have only seen cases get MORE challenging. Mommas, babies and kiddos are coming into our office with MORE health challenges not less.
“BECAUSE CHIROPRACTIC” is our theme for January as we head into 2019.
We are SO EXCITED about this because we will be highlighting the miracles–both small and large–we see on a daily basis in our practice. Miracles for whole families, but especially mommas, babies and kiddos.
We are coupling this with our Gift of Health campaign!
Come January 1 and throughout the whole month of January we will be sharing some of our very best patient stories and those of our staff and office partners. Please stay tuned to our social media and your email!
Follow us on: